Tuesday, August 25, 2009

i dont think i remember you

aug 24, 2009 - monday (yeah, was very busy last sat and sun)
5:00 - 6:30pm


=== (T) ===
i visited (T) first this time. he's sleeping when i saw him but when i entered the room he opened his eyes. i said my usual "hi, i'm here for a visit". he looked sleepy and cranky. i pulled one chair close to his bed and told him i'll read for him again. he dozes off while i read but he would wake up whenever i change my tone of voice (i have to change my tone of voice depending on what the character in the story is saying, lol). i didn't hear any hellos this time.



=== (I) ===
my favorite patient. she was sitting at the dining hall as usual. when i said hi to her she replied by telling me that she doesn't remember if she have met me. it's sad to hear that but that's how it is. she has dementia. anyway, i asked her how she is she replied: "i'm good and im hungry!" and she started laughing. she's really something. she must have been a lot of fun to be with when she was younger.

i want to wheel her up and down the hall again but the hospice is about to serve dinner so i just sat right next to her while we wait for her dinner to be served. i don't like staying at the dining hall because she can't hear me well and she gets confused by all the other people talking plus the tv.

she always talks about a lot of things when i visit but this time she mentioned something about children or having a baby a lot and she would tease me by calling me mom once in a while. she's funny.



=== (P) ===
(P) just had her dinner when i came to her room. but i think she sensed my presence because she opened her eyes when i started walking in her room. i said my hellos and sat on the floor right next to her bed and started reading to her again. i was reading to her for 20 minutes when i started hearing her snore. i have a weird feeling that she doesn't like me, hahaha. or maybe it's just my imagination.




=== (J) ===
i didn't visit (J) today because i was told to visit her just twice a month. i'll see her in september.

No comments:

Post a Comment