Saturday, October 24, 2009

oh, that's a nice house

oct 17 2009 - sat - 10:30am-11:45am


==== T ====
(T) was in the dining hall sleeping. I tried to wake him up by rubbing his shoulders but his eyes just stayed shut. I ended up just sitting next to him and just rubbing his shoulders every now and then.


==== J ====
(J) was in the same dining hall as (T) is and we just sat together and watch tv with some small talks during commercial breaks.



==== I ====
(I) was kinda making small talks to the other elderly at the same table she is. I'm not sure if she's talking to any one in particular but I just noticed that none of them is really paying attention. So anyway, I said hello and she said "there you are" and I asked her if she wants to be wheeled around although that's what I really intend to do, I just want to ask her that as a polite gesture. So I wheeled her up and down the hall. I think she likes it when we stop on windows because whenever we do that she looked like she's trying to get up and then she would say something like "oh that's a nice house".


==== P ====
I saw (P) sitting on the couch at the (3rd) floor dining hall. Half of her body was resting on the sofa's arm chair. I said hello to her and she acknowledged it by mumbling something. I asked how she is and she said something that sounded like "ok". She was smiling when I saw her that morning which is a rare treat for me.


==== C ====

I saw (C) with his sister so I decided to visit him last. When it was time he's already sleeping but I managed to somehow made him open his eyes for a brief time and I did hear something that resembles a “hello”. He looks really weak and fragile. He kind of reminds me of Ana, my first patient. So anyway, I sat beside his bed watching him sleep. When I touched his hand again he opened his eyes and I complimented his toys. He seemed to really like the dog stuffed toy because after I told him his toys are cute he tucked the dog under his arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment