Monday, February 15, 2010

happy valentine's day!

i drove from my place to lansdale and decided to meet a friend of mine for a bit who then drove me to the hospice... after which we went to this local breakfast place called koffee korner...excellent, excellent breakfast...my friend who's a local at lansdale told me that's lansdale's well-kept secret...

anyway....


---------------------
feb 14. 9:30 - 10:30
---------------------

yeah, it was valentines day when i visited c.b... the first thing i noticed was the heart-shaped balloons on his cabinet.i guess he had a visitor early that morning or the day before that. anyway, he's awake, which is good. my volunteer coordinator gave me a heads-up that he's always usually sleeping i asked him how he is. he can still talk. although it's hard to understand what he's saying sometimes. i also noticed the gold watch on his left wrist. i complimented him for that. he said it's a gift from his wife. from his paper it says there he's a widower and i thought it's sweet that he always wear that watch. he looks really old and frail and i can't help but just stare at him. but after much staring i decided to read him a book. while i'm reading he would sometimes reply back. i think he's confusing me reading to him with talking to him.

note to self: i need to buy a book that describes beautiful scenes. the book im reading for my patients is kinda violent (the lord of the flies)



next is g.w.
g.w was asleep when i went to her room. i tried to say hi hoping she'll open her eyes but unfortunately she didnt. i tried again thinking maybe she just didnt hear me but still no reaction. so i just sat there and just found myself staring at the photos posted on her wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment